Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Customer satisfaction is the key to CRM


I went to a hair salon for an express haircut yesterday. As I am keeping my hair short these days, I need to get it trimmed every two months so that it doesn't curl at or grow beyond my shoulders. I must say, the more I trim it, the faster it seems to grow nowadays! I have come to reckon that keeping short hair is a high-maintenance job- it requires a lot of patience and money!

And so, I slotted RM16 in the machine and got myself a coupon. The hairdresser sat me down; We discussed how I wanted my hair to be trimmed and he started working on my hair. He got it done in 10 minutes and I wasn't happy with the length. I requested to trim it again and he did it. Again I was not satisfied because by then, I decided to just make it even shorter so that it looks bob. He did it for the third time, and in the end I walked out from the salon with a smile on my face.

I posted this on my FB and apparently, my friends do find me demanding and ridiculous. But the purpose I shared this is to applaud the hairdresser. Why? I paid so little and he treated me like a queen. He could well be a junior stylist, but I chose to pardon his inexperience and I will still come back for the next cut because of the customer service. "If I go to a restaurant and the waiters are rude, no matter how delicious the food is, I will not visit them again," said a friend on FB.

Five reasons why customer satisfaction is the key to CRM:
1) Happy customers are good story tellers.
2) Happy customers make free word-of-mouth promotions (sometimes exaggeration) for you- on any occasions, across any channels.
3) Technologies made it possible for a happy customer to digitally update his/ her whearabout and status- the moment he/she steps out from your store. Note that once things are on social media, the reach is infinity.
4) A happy customer is sure to return for a repeat purchase.
5) A happy customer wouldn't mind/ notice if you have a price increase.

Check out X-Cut Salon, the express haircut concept by A Cut Above. In case you are not aware, the stylists are trained and exprienced hairstylists from A Cut Above.

Take a look at my new hairdo. They've never let me down!


No comments: